Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Durban 2

It took a lot more effort than I expected to get the license plates for the bike. I went to the South African consulate and found out that it was impossible to register the bike in my name without a different type of visa. In order to get the visa I would have had to fly back to the US and apply for it, then I would have had to prove South African residency. If I hadn't already paid for the bike I probably would have said screw it at that point.

Instead of registering it in my name I registered it under a friend's name who works at the hostel. I finally got the bike with plates yesterday. Today we went to the police station and got an affidavit that said I could take the bike out of the country.

Tomorrow we are heading up the coast of South Africa to St Lucia. After that we plan on going to Swaziland.

I think we are just about ready to get this trip started.

No comments:

Post a Comment