Wednesday, June 2, 2021

AT - 1365 - Warwick, NJ

It rained for three days in a row last week. On the first night of rain, the inside of my tent was soaked by the time it was setup because it was raining so hard. The next night I split a motel in Wind Gap and dried out all my gear. Then I continued through Delaware Water Gap then up to  AOC.

 

I'm not going to finish this, I only have a few minutes left. Right now I'm sitting in a library in Warwick, NJ. Lately there have been a lot of towns on the trail. I've stopped at a place for lunch and had a beer the last three days. Tonight I plan on sleeping at a drive in movie theater that lets thru hikers camp for free. There's a grocery store down the street from there. 

 

I smell pretty bad. I did laundry today but I could use a shower. I have a free hotel stay coming up in 40 miles, which is much needed. I plan on hanging out there most of Saturday into Sunday.

Around 1200 miles I got burnt out on hiking. I'd been moving fast and everything felt rushed. I took several shorter days lately and have chilled out. I've talked to other hikers who experienced the same thing. It got boring and I stopped having as much fun. 

Now it's fun to go into towns for random meals or services. I have no shame to plug my phone into a Walmart and hang out sorting my groceries. I try not to be too crude. Thru hikers are pretty bum like to be honest.

A shuttle is picking me up in a couple minutes to bring me to the drive in. The lady who brought me down charged me $14. We'll see what's cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment