Friday, February 19, 2010

Chaing Mai

The morning I decided I was going to head north to Chaing Mai I met someone going the same way. Next thing I knew we were in Chaing Mai and she was signed up for a medetation at a big buddist temple here. I decided to give the medetation thing a try and did it for 5 days. They were 5 of the hardest days in my life. You could only talk to the teacher once a day and not talk to any of the other meditators. No reading, music, tv, internet, or any other form of entertainment. We ate twice a day at 7am and 11am and we were not allowed to eat later then that. We also woke up at 5am to start meditating. After doing this I realized that medetation is not really my thing. It was cool to learn about the buddist culture and I have a lot more respect for monks now, but I dont think I will ever do it again for that long. That being said, I did figure out what I wanted to while being there. So all in all it was a good experience, but it was I much harder task then I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment