Saturday, October 24, 2015

Johannesburg - Soweto

I arrived in Johannesburg this morning. The trip took about 37 hours going from Montreal to Toronto to Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg. I was planning on checking out Abu Dhabi, I had a 13 hour layover, but I was exhausted so I didn't make it.

There was a fire at the Montreal airport and everyone was evacuated. I made my flight to Abu Dhabi with no time to spare. My checked bag did not make the transfer. It never arrived in South Africa. Hopefully they will find it but at this point I don't even know what continent its on. I need to buy clothes tomorrow.

Im staying in a suburb of Johannesburg. I walked around a bit today. Tomorrow Ill probably do a bike tour of the area. Nelson Mandela's house is in this neighborhood. Its an interesting area but it wouldn't be hard to get into trouble, so I cant be reckless. Most of the people in the community have been really nice. My taxi driver even offered me a place to stay if I run into trouble. Im going to stick around this area for a few days with the hope of finding my bag.  

No comments:

Post a Comment