Thursday, October 29, 2015

Lesotho - Maseru

My bag arrived after a few days. It was a little bit of a pain because I wore the same clothes for 4 or 5 days, but in the end it worked out. I visited the apatheid museum. It had a ton of information and helped me get a better understanding of the history of SA. I also went on a long bike ride and visited a lot of the sites in Soweto like Soccer City (where the World Cup finals were held) and some huge murals on the side of an old coal power plant.

I took the local metro from Soweto to the center with a Dutch guy yesterday. He was on his way to Lesotho and I was planning on heading to Cape Town. At the last minute I decided to go with him instead and we caught a mini bus to Lestho. The bus broke down 5 minutes from the boarder but we werent delayed for too long. I wont lie, prior to 3 days ago I didnt even know Lesotho was a country. Its completely surronded by SA so I will be back in SA in a few days.

Last night we got in and tried to go to a hostel but it was fully booked. Most of the hotels in the area were also completely booked. Luckily we ran into a girl from South Korea who has been living here for a few years and she offered us a place to stay for the night. It was really nice of her and she even cooked us breakfast in the morning. Today we will try to catch a bus to Leribe. So far Ive met some great people and the locals have been really nice. Im excited to check out more of SA, but this has been a nice detour.

No comments:

Post a Comment