Thursday, April 8, 2010

Corruption

I met a girl yesterday who volunteered for an orphanage that the operator of mine used to work at. She said he was fired for being corrupt with money issues. I confronted the guy and he didnt give a good explanation. I left the orphanage after talking to him yesterday to stay in town for a couple nights and figure out what Im doing. I havent given him any money or anything, but I feel like he was using me. Another orphanage down the road from the one Im staying at is having a New Years party tomorrow that I said I would go to. Im going to stay in town for that, but Im not sure what to do next. Its a weird situation and Im not sure if I should continue staying there to try and fix it, move to another orphanage, or take some time off and maybe try and volunteer at another one in Viet Nam. The problem is I really like the kids, but I will have to leave in a week no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment