Saturday, April 17, 2010

Leaving Cambodia

I booked a bus ticket today from Kampot, Cambodia, to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) tomorrow. I have to be out of Cambodia by the 19th so that gives me one day to spare. The month Ive been in Cambodia has gone by really quickly. For the first time today I realized that I am nervous to go back to the States. People have told me that there is always a little bit of a culture shock when you go home after traveling for a while. When I went to New Zealand after 6 weeks in Latin America I felt some of that culture shock. Now Im going home after 3 months in South East Asia where everything is much different then in the US. Its a weird mix of being excited to see friends and family, sadness that its almost over, and nervousness about going back to an American life style. Its the first time in months that I have been nervous about the destination and its funny because the destination is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment