Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Khajuraho to Delhi

On the way to Khajuraho we stopped in Allahabad for a night. There was a festival so the town turned out to be pretty interesting. Its also on the Ganga but further up from Varanasi, so its cleaner.
Khajuraho had some really nice temples. We also biked 27 km to a waterfall while there. The locals all said it was really beautiful. They didn't tell us that its only a waterfall during the monsoon. So we didnt actually see any waterfall. None the less the bike ride was a nice change from sitting on trains.
After Khajuraho we stopped in Agra on the way back to Delhi. We were there less then 24 hours, but I got to see the Taj Mahal. It was really impressive.
Yesterday we took the train to Delhi. Tonight we are taking a bus to Manali which is in the mountains in the north. Its probably going to be a 17 or 18 hour ride.
Lately I have been moving really quickly. I've been taking night trains a lot and not staying in one place too long. Usually I dont like to travel that way, but its been good. I only needed a day to see Khajuraho and a day at the Taj.
I have 2 weeks left in India. Im going to try to hang out some place for at least a few days during that time. If its possible I might try to see the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala. Its probably a days travel from Manali.  
(When I say we Im talking about me and a Dutch guy Ive been traveling with since Kolkata)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment