Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kolkata

On the train ride here we got general unreserved tickets. That means we had to fight our way in for a seat on an overbooked train. It took 12 hours and was pretty interesting. There were people sleeping on the floor and a fight broke out.

A couple of days ago I went to a cricket game with a few guys. It was a big stadium and a good time. During 1/2 time I went to get a couple of sodas and had to fight my way to the front of the "line". Getting out was even harder because everyone was trying to move forward. One of the guys that went with me got his camera stolen in the chaos. That was one of the most intense crowds Ive seen so far.

My plan was to head to Delhi yesterday, but I met up with some friends from the trek so I stayed here a bit longer. The city is really hot but Im starting to like it more everyday. Im going to head out within the next few days. My plan is to go to Khajuraho then north of Delhi. Hopefully I will get back into the mountains and out of the heat for a bit.

Its difficult to decide what to do because I have to be in Delhi on May 8th at the latest. Ive been taking night trains mostly which saves me a night's accommodation and it doesnt take up a day. Getting to Khajuraho is probably going to take me at least a day because there is no direct route. My plans might change but now I have a tentative schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment