Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mysore

The train rides to Mysore went well. The sleeper class isn't bad, but it would have been nice to bring a sheet or something to lay on. I got on a train to Mysore as soon as I got to Bangalore.

Mysore is nice. Its got a lot of culture and bazaars. Probably going to stay one more night.

Stayed in a Youth Hostel dorm last night for 75 rps (about $1.50) with a student id card. It was pretty weird. There was a 10:30 pm curfew and no alcohol allowed. It was also filled with Indian students, which was kind of cool.

I'm stuck on this Lonely Planet loop of South India right now. Its annoying me. Someone gave me a Lonely Planet in Goa and Ive had it ever since. It is helpful, but everywhere I go I see the same type of people doing the same things. Its the first time Ive ever carried one with me and I don't like it. When I get to the North I don't want to use a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment